Our TKU course is aimed primarily at new trustees (or those who would like a refresher) of defined benefit (DB) pension schemes. As well as taking pension trustees through the basics of the Pensions Regulator’s TKU scope guidance, this trustee training course includes:
- real life examples from a pension trustee's point of view
- a look at topical pension scheme issues, e.g. what we can learn from the BHS pension situation
Our trustee training course will be interactive, with plenty of practical examples and opportunities for discussion and questions.
Course fee: £495 - includes all course materials, lunch and refreshments throughout the day
The course will cover:
- An introduction to pension schemes: the parties involved and some of the legislative background to pensions.
- Trusts and trusteeship: the roles and responsibilities of pension trustees and key trustee powers and discretions.
- Funding and valuations: the types of actuarial valuations and the Pensions Regulator’s expectations for pension scheme funding, including integrated risk management plans (IRMPs).
- An introduction to pension scheme investment: different asset classes, the risks and rewards associated with them and the key principles in setting a pension scheme investment strategy.
- Managing a pension scheme: preparing for a typical trustee meeting and key pension governance and whistleblowing requirements.